View Single Post
Old 05.20.2008, 05:07 PM   #26
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Mr & Bowels is right though - there's a lot of piety to London improv, very little thinking outside the post-postmodernist, neo-reductionist box. I've got a Seymour Wright album - lovely packaging, has Ami Yoshida on it, but it's utter guff.

what annoys me is that that crowd seem to be well connected enough to put on shows where they'll get some (for want off a better term) "big name" improvisers from outside the london scene and then play with them. i had the misfortune of seeing okkyung lee (who is awesome) play her only london show with those twats whose league she is so far beyond it was painful and embarrasing to watch, from the expression on her face it was apparent that she was wondering what those idiots thought they were doing.

after i went to the eddie prevost workshop i was in a good mind to go back the following week with nothing but a couple of toilet rolls and play them the way seymour wright plays saxophone (or whichever one of that crowd you care to mention plays his instrument) by blowing air silently through it, scratching the sides, and then looking about the room (but pretending not to) to see how my artistry have been received .
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|