Thread: Wake up music
View Single Post
Old 01.25.2013, 09:45 PM   #5
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I find that, at least half the time, I'm either pissed off and desperate, or absolutely fucking terrified beyond belief at the thought of the following day and the terrors that I know it will bring, so I usually like to have a "you can do it!" song and a "fuck you world" song, both cocked and loaded.

"the Gash" is my current motivational go-to, with"Fire Back about your new baby's sex" for a back up. "Eliminator jr" is my "world fucker." But it's quite a challenge to choose a song that you like so much that just hearing it in the morning helps you through the day, but that won't lose some of its magic if you play it, repeatedly, during the worst several minutes of your life every goddamn day.

So I'm tying to steer clear of favorites and find some songs that just make damn good, non-obnoxious alarms, and (preferably) don't suck.

A good jazz station ... Hard bop, perhaps, would work. Nothing too jarring, but nothing that I'd sleep through either.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|