View Single Post
Old 07.29.2011, 04:19 PM   #15031
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
True Grit (good film but was really boring at times for me. - spoiler alert - I also hate how they spend the entire film looking for someone who dies in a matter of seconds in the end. But apparently they were staying true to the novel. Didn't feel like a Coen Brothers film actually. Didn't have the strange dialogue I'm used to (not that i was really expecting it for this one anyways) but it was decent overall).

A Clockwork Orange
Glen or Glenda?

The best part of either True Grit is easily when they have the conversation with the bear guy. That part is amazing, and all Coen's from what I understand, doesn't exist in the novel at all. Only part of the movie that entertained me really.

Kind of a longwinded extremely heavy handed tale of apathy. If you want to see a young (and EXTREMELY obnoxious along with some pretty bad acting) Martin Sheen playing a hood, or a equally young good ol' boy Beau Bridges, or if you want to see a young-er Ed McMahon where he doesn't yell 'YES!' then this is your picture. Decent picture, Martin and Tony are pretty hard to take as hoods, they're way too goofy. But fun anyways.

Tried to watch Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance a week or two back on Netflix, said they weren't streaming it at the moment, fuckers.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|