View Single Post
Old 08.23.2016, 12:57 AM   #19333
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
its funny you mentioned There Will Be Blood that is another masterpiece i was just randomly thinking about. damn it do i love every minute of that film

Yeah, me too. Gives me chills every time. It's Paul Thomas Anderson's best film. And Daniel Day Lewis just killed it. That guy is a motherfuckin' actor. But that's not news. He's been killing it since My Left Foot and In The Name of the Father. I wish he took on more rolls though.

From a cinematic perspective, Blood reminds me a lot of Dark Knight. A lot of it has to be the ambient guitar drone, but it's also the way the shots are set up, the way tension builds, and the story moves along. TWBB is dark as hell, and extremely sinister, and its pacing reminds me of TDK.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|