View Single Post
Old 08.22.2016, 10:11 PM   #19327
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
Have you seen Hail Caesar? Not their best, but still pretty good. One of my favorites is Millers Crossing, especially the dialog.

Miller's Crossing is fucking AMAZING. That was my favorite film EVER for years. I was going through a bit of a "gangster" phase, (in other words, pretty much a Scorcese, Coppola, early Tarantino phase), and being Irish I particularly loved that film. Best Irish mob film ever. God, Albert Finney as Leo in that fucking movie... electric! That scene with the cigar (you know the one, I'm sure) ... Just wow.

Now I think I prefer Fargo and Barton Fink. But Miller's Crossing is up there. Underrated. A classic.

No, I haven't seen Hail Caesar! I heard so-so things about it. I kind of lost track of the Coens around the time they made Intolerable Cruelty and Ladykillers (yikes). I got back into them in '07 and '08 with No Country and Burn After Reading, but A Serious Man SUCKED to me, and I think I need to rewatch it because everyone else loved that ... Thing. I liked True Grit, but didn't even try to watch Inside Llewyn Davis (kinda want to though.) Anyway, point is I haven't really kept up hardcore since Big Lebowski and O Brother.

But I read about Hail Caesar! and it sounds like "my kind of Coens."
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|