View Single Post
Old 08.22.2016, 06:05 PM   #19324
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
No Country was a creepy show, but it really didn't seem very "Coen-y" to me, lack of humor and snappy dialog. It just seemed like a good adaption of the book. What the hell is Cormac up to these days, the racist old bastard?

That Mike Leigh is fantastic, thanks for the link.

It wasn't very Coen-y in the normal sense. But they were on an adaptation kick for a while, with No Country and True Grit. I think they wanted to fuck around with more traditional film making. I think it's a great movie. Great acting, great cinematography, great pacing... Almost Hitchcockian at times. A real classic. Better than the book, in my opinion.

But my favorite Coen Bros. films are the ones that pack the black comedic punch (Fargo, Barton Fink) or the pure absurdity of Burn After Reading and O Brother. Their style is so unique that I can't help but think their talents are a bit wasted on non-originals. But No country was stellar.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|