View Single Post
Old 10.16.2011, 06:21 PM   #169
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I think what Mr Necro wants to say is that a members' SOUND could be replaced whilst performing (as Mark Ibold showed, as jim O rourke showed) but Kims overall presence cannot be replaced. It is a sign of the male-centred view of rock music as a whole that even my first thought was that Kim could leave and the band could carry on. About 30 seconds of reflection on this idea was enough to realise it was ludicrous to imagine SY without Kim, as if id forgotten the first time I heard Shoot or I Love You Golden Blue or Reena. Or The Neutral, or Beauty Lies in the Eye, or Shadow of a Doubt. Or Kissability or Brave Men Run or Kool thing or Tunic...

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|