Thread: Effects
View Single Post
Old 01.19.2007, 01:59 AM   #338
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
Can anyone reccomend me an affordable tremolo pedal that does not suck the tone or volume form my guitar signal? I desperately want a tremolo, but there are soooo many to choose from. I know that many tremolo peds suffer that unfortunate tone drop, nad I want to avoid that as much as possible. I've had my eye on the EH Stereo Pulsar for some time now. It has the reliability of being an EH pedal and is sweetening the deal even more by being smaller saaving me more space on my pedal board. But the downside is I hear it sucks some tone from my signal. Not cool.

Any suggestions from you pedal afficionados out there in Sonic Youth Land?
Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

I must be an idiot because I never really ever hear 'tone suck' when I'm using pedals...I guess I don't really rely on my clean signal usually - I'm concerned about how my stuff sounds with my distortion that I usually use.

The Catalinbread Semaphore (see pic somewhere in this thread) is highly regarded for the fact that it has a volume knob, so no worry about volume loss. But alas, it is about $200.

I have the Stereo Pulsar, and it really to me doesn't have a volume drop in the most strict sense - it actually passes the signal evenly when the trem is set minimal, but it does seem to have a 'ceiling' when set very intense. It is kind of annoying if you wanna rock hard and get a choppy trem sound, but I have been setting it at a medium setting and it seems ok.

As far as affordable, you will just have to pick between a standard garden variety one, unless you find something used for cheap.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|