View Single Post
Old 06.10.2013, 12:18 PM   #22
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pad_023
They went bankrupt last year and had to downsize to camber sands from butlins. So I suspect it might be for financial reasons.

Agreed. We lost a thirty year tradition here in LA (The Ragga Muffins Bob Marley Festival) last year due to cost increases. The reality of great festivals is once they get too big, instead of making more profits and ensuring future success, the logistics of such large crowds (staffing, security, clean-up, parking) actually chunk into the profits so much that most festivals actually end up disbanding. Its a shame. The Hollywood Bowl is hosting its 12th Annual Reggae Night June 30, it will probably be their last one too.. Ever since 2006 when it first sold-out (21,000 PEOPLE WERE UNEXPECTEDLY THERE, up from the 10,000 averages) the Bowl panicked, they were caught logistically with their pants down. I bet the increased clean up bill for waste services alone was insane (all that trash, it costs MONEY to dump it) let alone the lapses in security and parking over-flow. So the next year? The Bowl DOUBLED the prices and DOUBLED the staffing. The show went smoothly, but the costs have went up EVERY year since, I think the writing is on the wall..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|