View Single Post
Old 05.29.2012, 07:28 AM   #16083
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
The Church was the film that started me thinking that Argento might ultimately be a better producer than he is a director.

I was thinking about your comments on Argento being a better producer than director, and I was reminded that I kind of thought the same after watching the whole of a Giallo TV series he once produced called ''Una Porta Sul Buio'', which translates as ''A Door on the Darkness''. All episodes last about 1 hour and can be found on Youtube, albeit in non-subtitled versions. The series was commissioned by RAI TV after he made his first 3 movies, and all but one ('' Il Tram'') are non-Argento directed. His episode is pretty good, actually, and makes great use of a tram’s movement and its internal switching lights at night to frame the murderer, but ''Il Vicino di Casa'' (The Neighbour), directed by Luigi Cozzi and apparently inspired by Hitchcock’s ‘’Rear Window’’, has to be my favourite. I LOVE how the murderer gets caught because the two delivery men in the morning hear a baby crying who had been sleeping like an angel all night, miraculously, while his parents fell foul of their new neighbour after their car got them stuck inside their new, empty house overnight. It’s almost all filmed at night and the size and lighting of the building where most of the action takes place add that nice claustrophobic touch.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|