View Single Post
Old 04.28.2006, 05:39 PM   #49
themawt71
the destroyed room

themawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=scott v]i think there is a misinterpretation on how we think who is doing "the vocals and/or lyrics" vs. "writing"... pretty much i'd have to say the majority of their musical material is done by a collective improvisation, they've stated this several times in interviews etc etc... eventhough someone may bring in a riff and they work off of it. then they all pick on which songs they will do the lyrics/vocals.

really as of late thurston has alot of tunes it seems...all of murray st except for sympathy for the strawberry were skeletal forms of tunes that thurston had written previously. i wonder about nurse and rr. the acoustic tune on hurricane rita(maybe its some other girls name) is pretty much the bulk of two songs one on nurse and the other from rather ripped.

alot of the past stuff tho you are right about scott.
themawt71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|