View Single Post
Old 04.02.2016, 10:14 PM   #1
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Or, as Marvel seems to be marketing it, capCIVILWARica ...

Anyone planning on seeing this?

Seems like the Batman v Superman thread is pretty dead, and even though I liked it and even though I'm a DC guy, I'm still excited for this less exciting but probably more crowd-pleasing, decaf version.

I don't give a shit about Black Panther, or really any of the characters here besides Stark and Rogers, becaus it seems like they're trying to have their cake and eat it too by pulling a bit from the comic here (the super unconventional launching platform for another fucking spider-man), and throwing in gobs of whatever the fuck they want to make it line up with the Cap films there (uh, Bucky?)... So that's irritating. I feel like Civil War would make an excellent finale to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, after all the Avengers flicks are done and Thor's done, and all the baddies are beaten. But whatever.

I hate Iron Man as a character and if this is anything like the comic, he's going to deserve to get the shit smacked out of him. Love Cap, couldn't care less about Spider-Man... but ugh. He's what people want to see, so. Whatever. (Just a dumb way to introduce what's supposed to be their flagship character, but I guess they've grown so shy about Spidey after so many disastrous Spidey films that they want to test drive this new punk out before they give him his own vehicle. Don't care. Spider-Man is ... quite lame.)

Anyway, I'm definitely going to be in attendance, just to see Cap clobber Iron Man. I don't have as much stake in this as I did in BvS, so it should just be good old fashioned dumb fun. Hopefully some folks die!

See what I mean about the marketing of the title? Poor cap.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|