View Single Post
Old 02.13.2017, 11:10 AM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
My wife asked me to sit through them with her, and allowed me to be as snarky as I wanted, (even though, about 30-40 minutes in, my snark was already at such blisteringly acidic levels that she asked me to town it down, only to have me repeat constantly, "you said I could snark through it.") and it was a fucking nightmare of inoffensive blandness.

Some thoughts....

I cannot stand to hear that fucking repetitive nightmare of a "song" by Adele. It is as bad as Whitney Houston's cover of Dolly's I will Always Love You.

My wife is a huge George Michales fanatic, and she explained to me that Adele stopped the song because she had changed the words to the song she sang in tribute, replacing the word "bullshit." and it felt wrong, so she re-started the song and cursed it up. I like British girls with potty mouths..

Watching Metallica and Gaga try to rip it up was brutal at times, and interesting at times. The Grammy fucks did not turn on Hetfield's mic for his first two verses. fucking sucked. then had to watch him and gaga trade spit as they shared a mic and their respective shit breath... I have always said that Gaga could be a metal lead singer, but I would have loved for them to play an old Metallica classic...

There is no reason to include Pentatonix in anything.

The Bee Gee's tribute was suck. I saw a Bee Gee's tribute band from Australia perform at Houston;'s Miller Outdoor Theatre (I took my mom, a huge bee gee fanatic) and they were fuckiing awesome. This grammy shitstain?

Beyonce put on the single most pretentious, over-the-top, ridiculous self-aggrandizing performance all to praise the state she finds herself in because she allowed Jay Z to go raw and spray his gonad juice inside her beehive. It was also quite beautiful looking. She tries to hard to be the next Badu but she does not have the soul nor the intellect. Much art is equally pretentious and beautiful. it has to be that way sometimes.

There were too many elegaic, boring, pensive musical set pieces and i almost destroyed my television....

I had to break out the dabs y'all. I made it about 45 minutes before I needed that full on 90% thc.

The pasty white thighs hosting the show was in over his head, and his Brit sense of timing and humor came off very off-off-off-broadway dinner theater schtick, but he was better than sycophantic and deadly dull LL Cool J.

There was an even shorter prince doing a prince tribute. His guitar solo was weak.

The sound system was not optimal for Tribe Called Quest minus Phife. It did not sound good. At least they did not play Vibrant Thing.

So many no-name blonde singer women with guitars....boring

I do not understand how, before Tribe came out to perform, Katy Perry performed some sort of freshman intro-to-performance project with a weaksauce reggae lite song provided by one of the youngest of Bob Marley's near-infinite brood of bastards (he slayed a lot of strange trim) in which a bunch of white dancers, dressed in white, on a white stage, with white props, sang about who the fuck knows what. It was as bullshit as her over-lined top lip, (Katy Perry has no top lip, a condition many white women suffer from, like Kiley Jenner)

When J Lo came on stage, her dress had a massive slit in front and it parted and you could see plain view of her delicately trimmed motherload sans undies It looked quite nice.

so much shit. so much.