Thread: Effects
View Single Post
Old 12.08.2006, 09:21 AM   #103
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
so i may have found a replacement for my blue box though its abit different and it may take some more convincing of myself to phase out the nice randomized aspect of the blue box, anyways...

at a fair price i got a used Boss OC-2 the made in Japan model (not the OC-3 Super Octave), its the older no longer made unit though it doesn't have the added fuzz it can provide a combination of 1 octave below and then 2 octaves below while also mixing the direct sound, where the bluebox cannot do this. its definitly not as random and unpredictable which i loved about the blue box, though it doesn't suck the life out of my guitar as much, with some fuzz/distortion from my Rat and Bigmuff (i put the Rat then Octave then Bigmuff in my chain) and at certain settings i can come close to the blue box tone, the effect works best with one-note runs, chords it has trouble tracking (like all octave pedals) and this sort of thing sounds weird and whoolley with fuzz, which is where most technical "guitarists" run to the hills because the sound is not tracking right. anyways not that it matters but i realized the bass player, Brian of Lightning Bolt uses one of these which is obvious from listening to them.

now the next issue... not satisfied with my Dunlop Hendrix Octave Fuzz, which btw has never been the same after a repair was made years ago because i fried a capacitor. Don't really want another one because of how much they are and its limited use.

been reading alot of great things (here included) about the Danelectro French Toast Octave distortion, and for the price... can't beat it. heard the octave mode can provide ring modulator-like tones with certain playing nuances which is attracting me to this. even Nels Cline had good things to say about it, generally i stay away from danelectro because i've always thought the quality was shoddy and their pedals look stupid and are made of plastic...
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|