View Single Post
Old 11.07.2016, 09:46 AM   #19833
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Why did Scott have to hand over ALIENS to Cameron? I know a lot of folks think it's better than the original, but it's not. Cameron < Scott.

EXACTLY. and i don't know why. but wasn't it dan o'bannon thing? oh, imdb says no-- it was his "characters". i don't know who owned what. cameron is a great plagiarist.

====

yesterday i finally watched THE CABIN IN THE WOODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO FUCKING BRILLIANT.

Spooky and horrifying at times sure, but mainly I laughed so hard-- especially at the end ha ha ha ha.

LOVED seeing Buffy/Angel's mythology taken a step further, plus all the echoes of themes in those shows (The Initiative, for one, Wolfram & Hart on the other, even some Dollhouse). I mean--classic Whedon. But on steroids.

It's so good I want to see it again right away, but I'm going to wait because I want to get more of its references--Hellraiser appeared to be one of them but I haven't seen that. Luckily luckily luckily I had just seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre or I would have missed the whole gas station thing. The Evil Dead was clearly all over this #1. My wife picked up on Children of the Corn (the phone speeches). Shit is brilliant. Brilliant. Greatest movie enjoyment of the season. A blast.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|