Thread: the gossip
View Single Post
Old 10.09.2009, 06:52 AM   #103
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
i guess the part that you don't get is that my goal in posting is not to display all the depths of my intelligence or knowledge in feminism. I have no interest in trying to come across as philosophical all the time.

So you know, I've been posting with sense of humour and I'm sorry if I expected you to get it - it´s clealy not your thing.

I think it´s rather funny that you´re making personal comments about me (specially considering you know NOTHING about me) rather than the ideas being discussed. So I am forced to take it as you're the kind who enjoys discussing for discussing, provoking and disagreeing for the sake of it, whatever makes you feel smart.

As for Beth - I think she speaks more about gay rights than anything else. It is not her job to be deeply political or subversive, after all she´s just a singer in a rock band. But yes,feminists in general would regard her as positive influence on children, specially now that she´s been modelling for magazines as a fashion icon. Perhaps that means a future of less aesthetic fascism.

But compared to the majority of bands teens are listening to nowadays they are the closest to actually having a subversive aura, and I am saying that picturing a 13 year old watching mtv. Because in the end she's playing to same teenage audience that watches hip hop videos or talk about britney spears not being skinny enough, or nickelback or something. So in context, if you compare it to the general content of mainstream teenage music - the gossip plays the part of subversion, and I would say, they´re a better influence.

so, pbradley, i didnt say music is necessary, I said this kind of message is, when you´re a kid. Unless you want everyone to turn into starbucks drinking yuppies.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|