View Single Post
Old 12.05.2015, 08:43 PM   #5
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
I thoroughly enjoy STP to this day, even though I rarely listen to them, but I was a big fan during my teenage years before I started discovering other stuff. Some of the first songs I learned on guitar were STP songs and I joined the school jazz band to play bass like Robert DeLeo.

Purple is a flat out great record. They never seemed pretentious and took everything in stride, like the Range Life swipe. In the days of bands like Silverchair, Candlebox and Bush, STP were a hundred times better for a "copycat" band and honestly I think they became respected amongst their peers over time.

Scott's death hit me hard because my dad also passed away earlier this year and he loved them. I remember growing up he'd listen to them a lot in the car. After him and my mom separated and we went a while without talking, talking about STP and such when I was a teenager was a good bond to bring us closer together. I remember how cool he thought it was that I could play Creep. It honestly hit me hard when I found out a few days ago. May he rest in peace.

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|