View Single Post
Old 12.21.2012, 01:15 AM   #35
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I feel the same way about having ditched DayDream Nation revisited at the Hollywood Bowl. I love the fucking Hollywood Bowl, it is literally the most irie venue on the world..

Radiohead turned that entire place into an acid trip, because it also by no coincidence seems to have the loudest sound system, the bass is unimaginably strong in its reverberations. I could only imagine the feedback from The Sprawl or the Trilogy feeding out through that system.. alas.

Daydream Nation revisited was at the Greek Theater near Griffith Park, later Sonic Youth opened for the Pavement reunion tour at the Hollywood Bowl. Both were awesome shows. I recently saw the Neil Young and Crazy Horse show at the Bowl, and thought the PA was too quiet, but maybe my seats weren't very good as we were farther back than usual and off to one side. I wish I had experienced it with sound as you describe.

NYG&F is an interesting road less traveled, perhaps more literally experimental than most SY albums. The title track is devastating.
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|