View Single Post
Old 02.28.2008, 02:36 PM   #58
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
here's my opinion on korn's discography that i know:

s/t: this has their best songs and they go at it like if they were about to beat someone who yelled "limp bizkit sucks!". amazing delivery and pretty much their best all around.

life is peachy: much darker, sparser and weird, the band does less songs and more atmospherics, but they still can rage. they should have stayed in this road, the only throwaway is "a.d.i.d.a.s." and became their big hit.

follow the leader: a big disappointment and the beginning of the end, super smooth production and a lot more sampling, crippling both guitarists sonic explorations, most of the riffs are handled by fieldy (which is now more than clear he was the weakest tit in the band) and jonathan lacks any rage compared to the other two. still, "got the life" and "freak on a leash" are good singles, "dead bodies everywhere" and "justin" are amazing songs and it's mostly solid with some filler. their cover of cheech and chong's "earache my eye" is pretty cool too.

issues: a left turn, the band decided to change their songwriting approach and worked pretty much well; lyrically it's weaker, the delivery isn't as brutal but the songs are more well done. as adam noted, it has many interludes and bridging songs, but still, a step ahead after the ones taken back on follow the leader.

beyond: a big dump of shit.

and, while around the fur is one of my favorite records, i think korn in their prime, before 1998, were much better than the deftones besides atf. now both bands are awful of course.

ps: anybody else noticed fieldy's bass tone? it sounds like he plugged into a car speaker that's shorting and it's that way for the most part of their discography, didn't anybody in the studio notice this?
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|