View Single Post
Old 04.22.2010, 03:01 AM   #114
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
Conversely, of the acknowledged holy texts of classic hip-hop, the Chronic is probably the one I dig the least. I mean it's got some absolutely classic tunes on it, especially Fuck Wit Dre Day, but damn, as someone who came to it late, already being a decent sized hip-hop fan but knowing like NO west coast stuff, it strikes me as horrifically fucking dated and I don't know... just underwhelming some how. I keep trying and trying with it, but I always end up feeling that the albums just stuffed with filler (especially in the second half) and generally a bit weak, to the extent that I rarely manage to listen to the whole thing in one sitting. Just can't seem to get it for some reason.

It's because Dre is a better producer than he is rapper. He's a cool rapper, but he doesn't compete with the other guys which he hung with and helped make huge.

Listen to some N.W.A or some of Ice Cube records. Awesome stuff.