View Single Post
Old 12.25.2016, 02:16 PM   #34
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
i am being totally straight with you severian. and i encourage you to do your own research on it.

i wish you well bro. at least try and keep the volume down to a sensible level.

Shit. Jesus. You know, I've thought about it before and decided that I'd rather lose a hand or foot than my ability to hear (or see), because that's just how important music (and reading) are to me.

I will do some research and I've already toned down my concert going significantly. In the late '90s/early '00s I averaged about 40 shows a year; sometimes way more, rarely less. Last few years it's been 10-15. This year I had a really hard time at a few of the shows (like Kanye... fuck, that was louder than hell) and apart from seeing the Flaming Lips for the umpeenth time in 2017, I have nothing on the docket.

God I was stupid when I was younger. I broke a piece of my tooth on a microphone at a show once and didn't get it taken care of because punk rock blah blah. Now I'm going to have to get it capped because it's dangerous to have the inside of a tooth exposed like that. It will probably cost a couple thousand. Oh, and I fucked up my hand at a concert when things got rowdy. Little guy went through about 4 inches of glass. Permanent damage, that. A chunk of bone came right off my knuckle (still looks weird to this day), broke my wrist and two fingers, severed two tendons, had to have reconstructive surgery and a year of physical therapy. Tons of fun. Physical therapist said "No guitar for (x) months!" and I was LITERALLY playing the next day. Fucked my entire physical therapy schedule, and now I have chronic pain, limited function, bursitis all the way up my arm to my shoulder and I'm stiff as hell.

Now the ears.

If I could meet young me, I'd kick the the living shit out of him.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|