View Single Post
Old 08.12.2016, 11:32 AM   #48087
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Anyway, mere hours after I was doing all that complaining about rock music, I was reminded that Thee Oh Sees' new album, A Weird Exits, dropped today.

Now, Thee Oh Sees may not be revolutionary or new, but they can be relied on to kick out the motherfucking jams like clockwork. New album every year, such that bored post-punk fans like myself can always count on a shot in the arm at the very least from this extremely reliable bad.

New album sounds good.

Still, Thee Oh Sees are definitely not new. So this is a soothing salve for my rock-type-stuff boredom, nothing more. Kinda like that new Dinosaur jr album, which I like pretty well. Still, I've heard so much from both bands for so damn long that it doesn't completely do the trick for me.

Remember how great Broken Social Scene sounded in 2003? Maybe you don't, or maybe you don't like BSS, or thought You Forgot it in People was shit. But for me it was the most invigorating rock album of that era. I need something like THAT to happen now.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|