View Single Post
Old 08.12.2016, 11:24 AM   #48086
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sound
i am going thru a bunch of old mixtapes, so i am listening to a lot of old favorite jams, but i also have been having a lot of migraines so it is usually ambient and drone music as it's the only thing tolerable with the sound sensitivity. something about uninterrupted harmonius sound that helps me feel better. so it's been a lot of:

stephan matheiu - the sad mac
phill niblock - four full flutes, guitar four 2 too, highlights of touch food and touch three
rafael toral - sound mind sound body
janek schaffer - phoenix and phaedra holding patterns
a little oneohtrix, but finding most of it annoying for some reason except for the noise tracks on returnal for some reason. you wouldn't think noise would be pleasant right now
infinite body - random

blah blah blah

You get migraines? Like, real, genuine, incapacitating, vomit-inducing migraines?
I get migraines!!! That's awesome!!

Well... not awesome. Terrible, actually. Borders on a true disability for me... migraines were a big factor in my dropping out of grad school. They've been responsible for countless sick days that managers and bosses have simply not had been able to understand, let alone empathize with. To be honest, my migraines have come close to ruining my life completely, and they continue to hold me back, keep me from being 100%, ever.

But it is awesome to encounter a fellow sufferer, if only because it reminds me that there are people out there who struggle with the same thing. Solidarity, brother.

I'm currently getting by on a few different prophylactics, an all out narcotic, and ungodly doses of Sumatriptan/Imatrex. Been all over the medication map trying to find something that works without side effects, and Sumatriptan derivatives were as close as I ever came, but my insurance stopped paying for them, and the one I was on is quite pricey without coverage. So I'm back on the same drug (Imatrex) that I've been on since it hit the market. I was injecting the shit long before I hit puberty. Minor miracle that it still has any effect.

Ok. Confessional over.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|