View Single Post
Old 01.21.2016, 10:26 AM   #42
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I was shouting it. It is dead. Everything has it's life-span. There are still bands full of weekend warriors who get together to play dixieland jazz, but it is pure nostalgia and not a living, breathing genre.

The same goes for barbershop, rockabilly, "punk", big band swing, etc. They are all dead, and only a faint memory continues to exist. Soon what we all call rock n roll will be the same.

the sounds made by electric guitars and drums have been bombarding our collective ears since the 1950's, well over 60 years now.

I love rock and noisy rock the most, but I can see the writing on the wall.

I think Nirvana was the last dying gasp at rock n roll relevancy, and it was essentially a funeral dirge....

The music still lives, but the rock n roll culture, if there ever was one, is dead.