View Single Post
Old 05.13.2013, 06:06 PM   #16962
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
-Hey, if you're figuring Tarantino was thinking more about ancient tragedy than race, then I again admire your generosity.

well he actually throws you a hint-- schultz refers to the story of siegfried and brunhilde and while that's not 100% ancient it's wagner based on norse myth.

Quote:
Actually, based on your analysis, I realized this trope crops up a lot in . . . Westerns. It was an "aha" moment for me.

borges used to say (before he was dead and before he lost his sight completely) that the western was the last form of the epic

Quote:
-Totally joking about "cracker."

ha!

Quote:
-However awesome a Schultz movie would be (and in my head right now, it's the best movie ever made) we'll have to wait. He's currently working on Kill Bill Part 3.

ugh... KILL kill bill... :/
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|