View Single Post
Old 06.13.2011, 03:56 PM   #97
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, her hooks are great and I kinda get what you mean now (although Alanis has great hooks too). Even a somewhat boring track like 'Too Much to Ask' is absolutely SAVED by the chorus. But even the magic in that hook is in those Alanis-esque high-notes. She's always been a HUGE Morisette fan. Not sure if you were aware of that or not, but it's neat you made the comparison between the two.

I definitely prefer the serious/angrier/lustful/pained side of Avril over her bubblegum-punk alter-ego. So I guess I disagree with you there. But to each his own, and I love it all - honestly.

I'd also like to note the brilliance of 'Naked' off of Let Go. The chorus contains the line "I'm naked around you, and it feels so right," Out of context, obviously a sexual reference, but within the song it refers to her feeling emotionally transparent. Nothing too high concept, but there's no denying that it's clever.

Then there's the line "I wanna see you go down on one knee", which sounds sooo much like "I wanna see you go down on me" that I can't believe it's not intentional.

Another thing worth noting to naysayers is that she was only 17 when recording Let Go, which might put our appreciation in a more legible perspective.*

*which I do note sounds highly inappropriate based on the point I just made in the paragraph prior
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|