View Single Post
Old 10.30.2010, 05:24 AM   #8
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
"Sandwitches"

is badass! The standard of the random downloadable tracks tends to be as stupidly high as the that of the album. Insane.

Even though I pretty much love everything these guys are dropping, I'd probably agree with you that Earl is somehow the best of the bunch. It's got the coolest tone to it, if that makes any sense, and moreover I think a lot of its power comes from how perfect it is. It's 26 minutes of just total perfection, and then out. Whereas, say, 'Bastard' hits the same kind of heights, but even though it's all pretty mindblowing, it doesn't quite have the same knockout consistency, and could maybe do with being 10 minutes shorter. Same with some of the other releases. Oh, and 'Earl' has the title track on it, which just automatically puts it in a class of it's own haha. Right now, I'd rank them something like:
  1. Earl
  2. Bastard
  3. Rolling Papers (the fucking production!)
  4. Yellow/White
  5. Radical
  6. Voyager
  7. Ali
  8. Odd Future Tape
and I haven't listened to the Dena Tape enough to judge. That said, I haven't really fully soaked myself in anything except the top 3 yet...
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|