View Single Post
Old 07.09.2012, 03:45 PM   #206
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
i find a lot of important 60s and 70s rock bands a total chore to listen to. i find the stooges just as boring as i find the who or pink floyd and most often these bands get a pass just because of the influence they have, when it would be healthier to tear down these dinosaurs just as much as the newest thing.

also hayden and nik are insanely intelligent, awesome people and if you got to know either of them you would see that. it doesn't change that fact just because hayden likes teasing people on a dead messageboard he has no investment in anymore (which is also why i feel no need to contribute anything of value here anymore either).

Tear down the dinosaurs? I remember Kurt Cobain using those same exact words, almost to the tee. Clever...but tear them down for what...so everyone can go on and listen to whatever your personal idea of "innovative" is? I like history, who gives a shit? I like new(er) stuff too...but so seldom is any of it really all that worth discussing. Everything comes from something else, it's always been that way and always will.

It's not like I only listen to the Stooges. They're my favorite band, I get excited about them. Whatever.