View Single Post
Old 03.11.2018, 10:36 AM   #22254
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty bunny
Both Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2 were good films, but they didn't wow me the way most Tarantino films did. Still quality 'tino though.

Oh god, I love those movies. No, they’re not like Tarantino at his weird, trippy, solid gold dialogue, Scorsese-meets-Glenn-Gary-Glenn-Ross best (well, I guess the second film gets fairly close to that level at points), but they’re just so freaking good. They’re good even when they are deliberately bad (see the opening scene of Vol. 2), and the rest of the time, they’re either just fun as all fuck, or they skirt genuine thriller/realistic horror territory (the Michael Madden scenes... *mwah!*)

I think the one-two punch of those movies actually makes for my favorite Tarantino flick, even though I know, definitively, that it’s not the *best.*

Also, y’knkw, Tarantino loves genre dabbling. He can’t resist it. War? Check. Western? Check, check, check. Gangster? Check. SF/Horror? Check. Noir? Check. So I tend to think of Kill Bill as Tarantino’s take on the “superhero” genre. It’s really an origin, hero’s journey thing when you think about it. So... yeah. Sorry, had a point but lost it
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|