View Single Post
Old 05.31.2018, 11:06 PM   #303
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Alan Sparhawk has remixed Azalia Snail's "Field Rep".

A post by Azalia Snail I've stole from facemook:

“As many wonderful life experiences go, it started as a chance encounter.

“It was one of those nights where I couldn’t find anybody to go with me to an avant noise show at the original Knitting Factory in New York City. I never minded the nice stroll from the West Village down to Houston Street, though I often sought the companionship of a like-minded musical peer. But on this particular night, it was to be that I was on my own.

“Sometimes it’s more fun to play noisy improvised music than to listen, but I do like to support my fellow musicians. Alan Licht had just finished his elegant guitar noodling and I was about to leave. As I was walking down the stairs, I ran into Shimmy Disc producer Kramer. He asked me if I was leaving, and encouraged me to stay as the next band was ‘the quietest band I ever heard.’ He was recording their first album at his studio and booked this last-minute show for them.

“This sounded like something intriguing, so I decided to stay. It was a profoundly spiritual half hour or so; graceful, yet powerful. The blend of lead singers Alan Sparhawk and Mimi Parker voices was heavenly and majestic.

“There was less than a dozen of us in the audience.

“This was the beginning of what is now a 25+ year friendship with the band LOW.

“It’s been 20 years since Alan Sparhawk played on one of my records, and I couldn’t be more pleased to have this new version of “Field Rep” with Alan’s added vocals and instrumentation, remixed with love by him.

I’m so thrilled to bring this to your attention.

“From my latest album on Silber Records,Neon Resistance.”

https://silbermedia.bandcamp.com/alb...n-sparhawk-mix
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|