View Single Post
Old 11.25.2016, 03:10 PM   #20105
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian

Jess Eisenberg suffered from Joker syndrome BIG TIME in this movie. But to be fair, that wasn't actually Lex Luthor we were seeing. It was his "son" (re: clone, if they're going by the comics). Though why they decided to make that decision without making it more clear, I will never know. Big ass fuck up. Eisenberg is a good actor too, which made this very sad. He'd earned a few Oscar noms prior to this role, now a lot of people are just sick of him.

The manic villain is really hard to pull off and, if you don't get it just right, can be excruciating. I've no problem with Eisenberg as an actor. I don't even necessarily think he was wrong for the part, it was just a really misguided interpretation. But the scenes right at the end, when he's in prison, if he'd played it more like that from the beginning, it might've worked a lot better.

Another issue was how underused Amy Adams was. Not that she's absent from a lot of the film but her sole point seemed to be just getting Superman to keep moving from location to location so he could save her. And the plot-holes that ensued as a result (if Superman always knew where she was, how come he didn't know where his mother was being kept?)

Also Alfred. I thought Jeremy Irons was great, but treated almost as a footnote.

And then there's the dream sequences!?!
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|