View Single Post
Old 05.11.2018, 02:43 PM   #5040
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
paglia is great. i like her more in writing than in person (i saw her speak once). sexual personae drove me a bit nuts. it was like having taken a too-powerful drug. i read her columns with some frequency.

while i don’t have to agree with everything she says, and she can repeat and oversimplify things, and even be disturbing, i appreciate her perspective, which i believe to be an honest one, unlike many charlatans who feign positions according to fashions.

i think it’s valuable for the culture to have someone in her post, and holding the positions she does, and as vociferously as she does.

as you know most people these days don’t want debate but cry for agreement and compliance instead. whether the various mainstreams or the lunatic fringe, it’s always “with me or against me” and torrents of tears.

so thank fuck for paglia’s furious opposition to various brands of sanctimony and wishful thinking and lack of seriousness.

i hope she scolds you! i’d take that as a great compliment.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|