View Single Post
Old 04.26.2018, 08:38 AM   #5021
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I tried it. dipped my mind in. Got about 20 pages in and realized I did not give a flying fuck about anything I had been reading so I put it down. Infinite over-rating? My fiction needs to be fun or else I dont give a fuck. i get my depressions out of non-fiction books.,
i started it and was like “i already read ulysses and it was better”

i’m a terrible person, i know

but the more you read the more you can discard.

what was the name of that essay by tears eliot about the formation of character bla bla bla? where he talks about how the influence of each new book decreases as you read more. kinda like the law of diminishing returns.

where i’m going with this is: a lot of people talk about infinite jest as some kind of life-defining formative experience. but by the time i found this book i had already been malformed for decades. and the stylistical flourishes did not impress me. so i just put it down. ymmv.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|