Thread: Effects
View Single Post
Old 03.24.2007, 12:10 PM   #482
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
is there any "real" order that the effects have to be in. i set mine up the way i like the sound
like so (top one on the list is the closest to the amp)
dunlop 535q cry baby
marshall jackhammer overdrive
mxr phase 90
digitech digital delay
EH big muff
(and closest to the guitar)
EH holy grail.
i get a cooler reverb sound if the guitar goes directly into it. and the wah wah i on that side because with it becomes much less wah wah and more a sci fi vacume cleaner sound (ah la sonic youth dino jr)
im not fucking up the effects tho if i change the order, right?

Yes, you want to put the reverb before the distortion (this is from amp to guitar) because you're reverbing the distortion not distorting the reverb. put the delay after the distortion but before the reverb. wah's go either on the end or the beggining. Phaser after everything. No, youre not fucking up anything if you move them

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
cool...
i need another distortion pedal i think. maybe a tube screamer, or turbo rat

TS9's are great for boosting other distortions. Rats are the shit. I dont know if I should get a Rat or a Superfuzz clone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrungeMonkey
I just have a Big Muff, Memory Man and a Blue Box. Simple. But it works. I might get another fuzz pedal to make more noise...

Cool, I like simple boards. The Memory Man is sooo expensive. I just ran my Blue Box through battery and it sounds great and the octave sounds better one battery oposed to an adapter.

I might get the Boss Master Switch & Power Supply, How does this work?
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|