View Single Post
Old 01.31.2018, 03:23 AM   #3633
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
'All Hell Broke Loose': NYU Prof Suing School After Being 'Coerced' Into Paid Leave for Criticizing PC Culture

A liberal studies professor at New York University was put on paid leave and ridiculed by his colleagues for his criticism of political correctness on campus. Michael Rectenwald is suing NYU and several professors, alleging they have launched a harassment campaign against him because they disagree with his views. Tucker Carlson noted that the Greenwich Village school is one of the most liberal in the world. Rectenwald agreed, saying "all hell broke loose" after administrators discovered his Twitter account, which listed criticisms of political correctness and suppression of speech on campus writ-large. "I merely made criticisms," he said, noting that his focus was national - citing the treatment of conservative commentator Milo Yiannopoulos in 2017. "I mentioned no persons by name, no... identities at all," he said. Rectenwald told Carlson he was "coerced" into being put on paid leave and soon after returning to NYU, he was pelted with stern emails from colleagues, questioning his "mental well-being."He said the campus' "Diversity, Equity and Inclusion" group denounced him in what he called a "double-speak Orwellian condemnation."Carlson remarked that it was ironic to see a college's "inclusion" committee "exclude" Rectenwald."[I'm] guilty for the structure of my thinking," he said, paraphrasing the group's critique.NYU spokesperson John Beckman responded, “This suit has no merit.”

Something similar happened at a university in Canada, where a lecturer was brought in front of a committee and had to defend herself for showing a clip of Jordan Peterson during a class debate about gender identity.

The lecturer secretly recorded the meeting on her phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usoID8zkUQM
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|