View Single Post
Old 09.30.2015, 12:22 PM   #19092
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
I've seen almost every Godard film, barring some very hard-to-find things and some television stuff. Also, anything made in the past seven or so years because I gave up on him.

This is a confession, not a brag. There is exactly one which I sort of like (Masculine/Feminine). Some I "appreciate." Most I have forgotten entirely.

Has anyone bothered with his post-60s output? Did Numéro Deux draw your attention by being billed as a sequel to Breathless? (It isn't.) Anyone get conned into his King Lear? (Nothing to do with the play.) Or has anyone seen Soigne ta droite, which I'm told is a comedy? (It isn't).

If you're frustrated by Godard in his prime, you'll wish cinema had never been invented once he stopped giving a fuck.

I see someone took the time to review a lot of his more obscure stuff on IMDB. These reviews read better than films watch. Highly recommended, but don't let them inspire you to actually track down any of the films.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|