View Single Post
Old 09.27.2015, 10:41 AM   #19084
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
yeah a film ive tried to like but never been able to. clever but not intelligent. Spot on. Although I increasingly feel like that about Godard generally.

same here. he's good at bamboozling the kids though. And i still love alphaville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
le weekend is the best film ever all yall are insane

the cortázar story that inspired it ("la autopista del sur") is 10,000 times better, and it's actual art and not a tedious rant. and yes, i've long been over the impression it first made on me, but it's still a nice short story.

i'm starting to see godard more as an egghead buñuel. buñuel's political critiques (starting with l'age d'or in 1930) were much more poignant because they stayed within the dreamspace of film. godard managed that at times (e.g. alphaville, in spite of its clunky have man vs machine argument) but other times i think he was too enamored of his own "ideas" to be an artist.

so le weekend just gives you a fucking lecture. seriously, i don't want to watch a film that consists of people reading books at me like i'm functionally illiterate. i can read on my own without the interpretative dancers.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|