View Single Post
Old 11.24.2010, 12:39 AM   #13309
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Judgment Night

7/10

First heard of this through the soundtrack (which is really good-Sonic Youth mixed with Cypress Hill? Sir Mix-A-Lot with Mudhoney? Del the Funky Homosapien with Dinosaur Jr? Sign me up! Helmet/House of Pain, Faith No More/Boo-Yaa TRIBE and Therapy?/Fatal are good too). It's not a bad movie but the name brings to mind something far more omnious than a bunch of silver spoon white guys (oh wait, Cuba Gooding Jr. was there too) being chased through the ghetto by drug dealers after witnessing a murder. Denis Leary played a pretty good villain. Worth seeing if you like the soundtrack, but I can't see anyone calling this a classic.

ALSO

Due Date

9/10

This was a great movie. Robert Downey Jr. and Zach Galifianakis made a good team and there were lots of laughs to be had. I think they were secretly trying to imply Galifianakis' character was gay, but I might be reading too much into a movie that wasn't meant to be all that subtle. There was a lot of great music too...RZA was in it briefly, but I don't know if he had anything to do with the soundtrack. Very well written (you can't say that for a lot of buddy comedies), but a few inconsistancies stop this one from achieving a 10/10 (actually, I'm pretty stingy with 10/10 ratings...most of my favorite movies don't even get perfect 10s).