View Single Post
Old 08.03.2015, 09:43 PM   #39604
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
the guy i spoke to was a lot more subtly condescending than fletcher in whiplash, although it's the same kind of sentiment, just turned waaaay down.

if you like, i could post a video here of me playing one of my audition pieces.

teaching is kind of a last resort thing for me. i definitely don't want to go into education and the fact that i don't want to i think would make me a terrible teacher, at least in the public-school kind of sense. i could definitely give individual lessons and have in the past, and i don't mind it, although it's not what i want to be doing. i have two goals, and achieving either one would be my dream: play piano professionally, be it as a touring entity that performs with orchestras or otherwise. my other goal is to make it in a band, preferably with me singing/on guitar. those are my two passions and i'd be over the moon to do either, so i guess in the meantime i'll swallow my pride and get started on my second degree.

oh hell, that would be amazing. i'd love to see a video. what kidn of music you like/play?

and yeah-- those who can't, teach (lol sorry suchfriends).

do you give piano lessons? i had a friend in gradschool who gave lessons to rich kids and charged something like $50/hr. sweet money.

i also knew people who were in music grad school-- doing trans... whats the name-- transpositions? i forget. of classical music, etc. e.g, for piano to violin, stuff like that (thesis).

im supercurious about this ha ha. sorry if i'm being nosy.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|