View Single Post
Old 04.15.2006, 01:36 AM   #35
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
everyneurotic- thanks for pointing out that there's no dead kennedys... really, i don't see how that could be missed.

Quote:
it seems that the criteria in pitchfork is either "what albums make sense in our sense that indie rock should (as in neutral milk hotel/sufjan stevens/belle and sebastian/clap your hands say yeah)" (which would explain all the rough trade/jangle pop albums on the list) or just plain "these are the albums we personally like but we'll call the list an authoritative 'the best of the 80's'".
That's the point of a music magazine/website. Criticize and review, and they seem to have fixation on that side. I'm sure on the noize equivalent pitchfork's site they give the top 10 to the youth, swans, and what have you. But overall, it's better than some other 80's list I watch. Better than VH1 I'll tell you that.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|