Thread: uk vs. us punk?
View Single Post
Old 09.26.2006, 11:32 AM   #14
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Pryor on Fire
Iggy Pop, Velvet Underground, Ramones=punk scene starting.

Brit Punk for the most part is snotty annoying and derivative of it's self. I can't listen to more than 2 crass songs in a row. Buzzcocks get boring, as do the Pistols. The Clash are good, and I got a feeling I'm going to get some shit for saying that.
Nevermind the Sex Pistols
Here's The Clash!

I'm still trying to catch up on all the great 80's bands I missed out on because I was busy listening to Chron Gen, GBH and Vice Squad (thanks Hip Priest & sonicl for the help). Brit punk was indeed, for the most part, garbage.

I think with the Pistols it's largely a case of 'you had to be there'. They were as much about fashion as music, and love them as I did at the time, I don't have much interest in their music now.

I still love The Clash.

And the majority of music I listen to now that falls even loosely under the punk umbrella, is American.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|