View Single Post
Old 05.11.2013, 02:29 AM   #91
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pad_023
I am really dubious about that band. Everything about them seems so carefully constructed by their PR team. The slot at David Lynch's club, the massive feature on them on Pitchfork, playing Jools Holland without having released an album, they clearly have some friends in pretty high places. From what I have heard they don't seem to be any better than your standard run of the mill post punk band.

Anyway the new Barn Owl is good, one of my favourite releases from this year. It sounds like a shoegaze version of Earth.

https://soundcloud.com/thrilljockey/...he-long-shadow
completely agree with everything in this post re: both savages and barn owl. the former seem to be really bland, both musically and aesthetically. I know the purpose is minimalism, but fucking hell, there are bands other than wire out there. they already did it, and they reached unattainable levels of innovation and therefore are afforded an indelible respect, so why does anyone even bother? savages' music may be 'confrontational', but it is in no way challenging, and as such it negates any impact it may have had.
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|