View Single Post
Old 02.25.2012, 05:02 PM   #54
kicksexoutthevan
little trouble girl

kicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asseskicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asseskicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asseskicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asseskicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asseskicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asseskicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asseskicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asseskicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asseskicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asseskicksexoutthevan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Okay Kicks. You seem passionate, so here's my honest reply to the "eliminate the government" ideologies.

--I can hardly defend every element of the US foreign policy, and the military is way too big. That said, not every US soldier across the globe is standing around waiting to shoot someone. Any number of missions are more humanitarian than violent. Further, the whole, "Let the rest of the world take care of itself," makes me extremely uncomfortable. I'm glad we intervened in Bosnia. I wish we had intervened in Rwanda. Y'know what I mean?

--I can hardly defend every cent spent by the government. Still, every Saturday, I walk down paved, public roads to my public library to browse and research and whatnot. The public library is a stone's throw from the public school. You can see where I'm going with this, so I'll stop.

--I've been getting a bunch of unsolicited calls. Too many. It's harassment. So I wrote to my state's attorney general. The lengthy reply was informative, and directed me to the appropriate federal department where I could register my complaint. In Ron Paul's world, I'd have to hunt down the company making the calls myself and kill everyone working there. I simply don't have the time.

--There are some more fairly obvious points which I might as well repeat:
--we need a strong federal government to protect us from corporate scumbags. The problem in Washington is corporate control of the legislature; the problem is NOT too much government interference in business.
--the system's rigged. People suffer. They need help now and then. Welfare programs are required.

Yeah, legalizing pot would be nice, but at what cost? Yeah, no more wars would be nice, but what world are you living in? Yeah, Ron Paul has firm convictions and I have no reason to doubt his sincerity, and it would be nice if all policians had as much intergrity, but his ideology is simply unnacceptable to me.

as far as in know ron paul is not taking awat public libraries and paved roads. I think there may be a case to help other countries out but until we get our own affairs in order I think it is ridiculous and short sighted for us to try to "help" other countries. Even tho, our "help" is usually just a ploy to take over the country by fomenting revolution. what world am i living in? a world that is too violent. if you think any of the wars of the last hundred years (other than maybe ww2) were justified, that any of the killing was anything other than senselenss I sugges that maybe you have been listening to propaganda too much. welfare is only required because our govt bail's out the companys that they have financial interests in which leads to a non-free-market economy which subverts the whole system of supply and demand which makes us more reliant on the govt and less reliant upon ourselves. And lastly, who is a better candidate for president than ron paul?
kicksexoutthevan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|