Thread: Abortion
View Single Post
Old 03.27.2006, 06:27 PM   #44
Isoflurane
bad moon rising

Isoflurane is a splendid one to beholdIsoflurane is a splendid one to beholdIsoflurane is a splendid one to beholdIsoflurane is a splendid one to beholdIsoflurane is a splendid one to beholdIsoflurane is a splendid one to beholdIsoflurane is a splendid one to behold
Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ.
Of course abortion should be kept legal.
However, it's completely bogus that the only reactionary method that is guaranteed to terminate a pregnancy is so expensive, so procedural and so popular. Contraceptive methods aren't readily available to all.
I mean, fuck. Assuming your insurance doesn't cover things of the sort (a lot don't) A women's health doctor visit is terribly expensive (although some pills are pretty cheap sans insurance), surgery (tubal ligation, vasectomy, IUD placement[???]) is outrageously expensive and condoms just plain suck eggs/don't work too well.
The other con to surgical methods is that tubal ligations aren't reversible (I mean, it's possible, not practical) and vasectomy reversal is a hell of a lot more painful than the actual surgery. Re-operating on anything is tricky, especially dicks.
The thing is, I could get a vasectomy now, but I definately want to have little John Andrew Millers running around.

Also:
And it's never going to be completely rid of. A Doctor who would argue against abortion for an ectopic pregnancy (good lord, the list goes on and on) would lose his goddamn license.

- John Andrew Miller