View Single Post
Old 09.07.2010, 12:24 PM   #14
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
great pics Pax Americana! not sure if we know each other i also live in B-lo...

Wanted to go to this show pretty bad but i heard about it the day of and tix were sold out. not sure why i didn't know about but i think this show wasn't promoted well probably due to the smallish capacity that the basement space at babeville has, also kinda weird to me that they would put on such a show but I guess Difranco has a more broadened taste than i'd expect... talked to Steve Backzowski (crazy great improv saxman who's played with Corsano and also is music director @ Hallwalls as they share some of the space with Ani's Babeville) and he said it was a great show, real intimate w/ maybe 150 people tops... it would've been a crazy busy nite for me anyways as right after i would've had to run further downtown to Soundlab to catch Tortoise (also at a smallish venue for the group) they were pretty good, as the sound was just OK... wished that these two shows were combined as one bill Shellac/Tortoise, that would've been great weird nite in Buffalo for having both of these Chicago bands in town and with the Black Keys (whom i don't care for anyways) play in town on the same nite.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|