View Single Post
Old 04.21.2006, 03:34 PM   #83
chabib
Administrator

chabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe
It must be Chris Habib work

open letter to anyone else who thinks i had anything to do with the rather ripped album cover:

no fucking way! i hate this cover for a hundred reasons. i just saw it and threw up a little in my mouth.

primarily, it's bogus when people fake stencils. it's total fucking lazy bullshit and someone got paid for it... a couple of fucking canned stencil fonts? on a sonic youth record? WHAT THE FUCK!!!!! stencils as a means of print-making are so central to REAL underground culture (politically and culturally) that if yr gonna do it... you'd better fucking **do it**

i'd have done it for real. a huge part of my work is stencil based and i often spend days cutting out a single stencil. i also almost always draw my own typefaces whenever they're used on t-shirts or album covers AND ESPECIALLY STENCILS.

canned artwork is the death of design.

i'm really disappointed that they did that.
awful cover and i'm sad that anyone would associate me with it.

hater of phoney baloney stencils,
chris habib
chabib is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|