View Single Post
Old 11.29.2012, 08:54 AM   #383
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
word. Though I think we differ a BIT on Game, suchfriends...

IE: I love all 4 major label albums.

DOCUMENTARY - is ridiculous. G-Unit sure, but prob my fav G-Unit album. You got those smooth beats, 50's club hooks, it's all so catchy. And yet Game is barely contained. You can feel him trying to break loose from the Unit already.

DOCTOR'S ADVOCATE - is one of the craziest major label rap albums ever haha. It's so insanely full of ricocheting emotions. Plus f'ing Will.I.Am proves that he's a producer so beyond the wackness of BEP.

LAX - ridiculously awesome album. So overlooked. Shiz sounds like such a throwback to classssssic West Coast to me. Amazing.

RED Album - slept on. I read so many bad reviews. But it's so solid. People want amazing every album or something? I think Game is an artist that isn't going to give you crazy range. There might not be huge artistic growth and minds blown with each album. But he's always gonna deliver. You're not gonna get a siht album eitehr. I'm happy to always get a SOLID album from him.

...indie albums on Get Low don't really count cuz that's basically just JT releasing Game acapellas over some beats he made. They're super hit or miss.

...mixtapes are whatever. THey're mixtapes. There's good and bad - especially considering it took what? 4 or 5 discs just to leak all the unused RED tracks.

----

I listened to Wu-Block y'all. That album is pretty awesome. It should just be released as Ghostface w/ D-Block really. Ghost is the star. He's on every track except maybe 1. Straight kills it. And the beat selection is a bit diff than what he'd put on a solo album for sure. But def even the skits feel like a Ghost album. I think this will fly under everyone's radar for sure. But it's worth seeking out. Probably even more solid than the album Ghost made with Trife (Put It On The Line) for instance.