View Single Post
Old 03.04.2016, 10:16 PM   #1001
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Wow, "Who I am" sounds so much like Forever-era Wu-Tang. Damn.

Edit: ok, all of this sounds like Wu-Tang. I mean, it's good. Really good! But I'm surprised. I thought that during this period in Def Jam's history, the Roc crew and Wu-Tang were kind of at odds with one another. I have read a few Wu accounts of running into Jay in the building and Jay acting like a total asshole.

Funny, if that's the case, because this album sounds like a study in recreating the late '90s/early '00s Wu-Tang sound.

It's a good record though, and it's taking me back. Making me want to listen to Wu (which I haven't really been able to do since I admitted to myself that A Better Tomorrow was wack as hell). But some individuality shines through. This is nowhere near the level of Purple Haze, but it's definitely the kind of thing I would have listened to had I not been sleeping on it at the time of its release.

Happy to have it. Loving "More than Music" and "Who I Am" most so far.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|