View Single Post
Old 06.10.2015, 06:15 PM   #526
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Utah and Boston are usually the "whitest" teams in NBA

Agreed......however, this isn't about white anything.

According to the callers to the radio show about this subject, this is strictly a black thing. Again, according to the callers I heard, it dates back to the brighter / farrier skin slaves getting to work in the big house while darker skin slaves tolled away in the fields.

In the 80's, it was often referred to as good hair vs. bad hair.

More recently, according to one black caller, a good deal of all this is attributed to, Drake......who is pretty, whines as he sings and overall is considered soft.

If you twitter, search out the following hashtag: #LightskinVsDarkskin

You will find tweets and video from black individuals using this slang / term a great deal......just not sports related.

Why am I even asking???

It was a topic that I wasn't aware about and really surprised when it discussed on sports radio. I'm just curious if this is more a East Coast / West Coast thing or just something practiced by a few???
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|