View Single Post
Old 06.02.2009, 02:38 PM   #176
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Bree

Ecstatic Peace Poetry Journal #8

BREE
"Laying Pans"
Ecstatic Peace Poetry Journal #8
#d edition of 100

A special edition of Ecstatic Peace Poetry Journal where we dedicate this issue to one writer. And that would be BREE, a young woman from Cleveland who’s poemz have always touched our ear-to-mind zone with distinct alacrity and genuine word love.

Byron Coley sez thus:
Bree is a great poet. But she’s such a whiz at so many other things – editing, publishing, designing, organizing, it becomes possible to not remember how goddamn great her writing is. She’s a goddman polymath. But at the root of it, she’s a writer. A poet primarily, in the great tradition of Cleveland’s visionary proletarians – Tom Kryss, rjs, Kent Taylor, Peter Laughner et al. Bree manages to find the Buddha nature lurking in the dark corners of early morning kitchens, and she nails the details brilliantly. The confusing essence of the night’s dead middle. The zen-like clarity of repetitive stress activities. The scent of a well-greased kitchen.

Having worked many kitchens in my life, as well as other jobs that required alarms going off just at the moment I should have been stumbling home, I can easily appreciate the truth of Bree’s words. The impossible stillness of the pre-dawn, the crackle of a quiet city, the thrumming symphony of muscle pain.
Laying Pans is a fantastic read. You’ll catch the whole kaboodle, too. Even if you’re one of those prissy-ass trust fund maggots who’s never done an hour of honest work in your life. Buy a book. Save your soul. It’d be cheap at twice the price.

http://www.ecstaticpeace.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&cPath=1&pro ducts_id=299
Moshe is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|